That’s a new one for us … to say “next month” as we’re preparing for Papua New Guinea. It’s exciting and nerve-racking in the same thought! We’re 36 days away from boarding our first flight to Papua New Guinea.
Our teammates Luke & Ellenie framed the emotions like this: it’s like we’re in line for a huge slide at the water park. It’s exciting the whole time in line, but then you get to the 3rd or 4th spot in line, and it starts to get real. You see the drop off, you look down, and the nerves kick in.
If you’ve ever been in one of those lines, you’ve seen that person … they don’t make eye contact with you as they quickly head back to the safety of their pool-side chair. The thought then tip-toes into your mind, “Do I really want to do this?!”
But with anticipation, excitement, and a little fear … you keep moving forward.
As we keep moving forward, our days could be labeled as ‘MISCELLANEOUS’ right now:
Packing, organizing, and cleaning,
Communicating with teammates, leaders, and shippers,
Planning ahead for building our house,
Tying up loose ends of insurances, banking, cars, and paperwork,
Spending time WITH family and time AS a family,
We’re really excited and thankful that Kaitlyn’s work permit cleared the PNG government! All of our visas are now in process to be available at the consulate in Washington D.C. We should have them before Christmas! That was a huge answer to prayer as it was looking a bit iffy there for a bit.
Soaking it up
God has put so many good things in our lives. The list is huge when we stop to think about all that He has blessed us with. Being home and established has been one of those good things for this stretch before leaving. We love being with our families and enjoying time together … especially during the holidays.
We’re really soaking up these last weeks at home. Going on dates with Natalie, baking cookies with her, and decorating the Christmas tree together have been so much fun. She’s already growing up so fast!
PRAISE GOD with us
- That Kaitlyn’s work permit cleared, and we should have our visas in the next few weeks.
- That He has provided 98% of our financial need for Papua New Guinea! He has led such amazing people to generously be part of the team.
Please PRAY with us
- That we would be faithful before the Lord in our priorities. As always, we have a lot of things that need to be considered and are important.
- That the Lord would give us wisdom in decision-making, planning, stewarding His money, raising our (His) kids, and valuing His people around us.
- That we would trust our always faithful God and rest in Him during this chaotic season ahead.